Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History

Tonight after your bath you were just playing around. I decided to give you a little snack because you barely ate your dinner. So we tried Cheerios. This was the first time you tried Cheerios. I'm not sure why you never tried them before, but you hadn't. So while you were enjoying your snack, Daddy and I were watching the election coverage and they were just announcing that Barack Obama had been elected the 44th president of the United States. This is another important first in our country's history, because he is the first African American to be elected president. So in a matter of minutes we experienced 2 firsts. And then the 3rd one happened. I noticed you sorta gagged a little, and you started spitting up some of your water. Then BAM... you delivered your first official (and disgusting) vomit. Now this was no ordinary vomit: it was chunky, stinky, and nasty all rolled into one. The best part was that I tried to catch the water that started coming out and then was left with vomit all over myself. I have never seen so much vomit come out of a little person(and trust me I see it often at work). So once you redecorated the couch and rug, and turned off the fountain, I carried you into the bathroom to clean you off. But wait, there's more- another eruption right into the bathroom sink (actually all over the counter, I have bad aim). You were a real trooper through it all. You didn't cry once. You just looked at yourself in the mirror and couldn't figure out what that nasty stuff was all over your face. So you decided to grab it and put it in your ear and hair (good times). Once I got you pjs off and cleaned you up, you just wanted to lay down and rest. So we rested for a while and then we had a Pedialyte popsicle. I wish I knew what made your belly so upset. Sorry french fry, but at least we'll always remember your first vomit as the day we elected a new president. (Uh-oh... I hope that's not a sign) :0
Love you

No comments: