Thursday, October 30, 2008

KENDYL

Tonight we went to my work because the PTA was having a Halloween magic show and parade. So we dressed you up as the little piglet you are, and we headed out. Everyone thought you were so cute. All of my students came rushing over to see you. When the parade started you were not afraid to walk with all the kids. So I let you walk with someone whom you may never really get to know, but she will always be special to us.
Her name is Courtney and she was my student when I was pregnant with you. She is actually the person who first mentioned the idea of naming you Kendyl. I will always remember the day that she said, "Mrs. Sumlin, I have the perfect name." Which I thought she was going to say, "Courtney", but she said, "Kendall." I loved that name from the moment I heard it. Then one night your Uncle Tim (from Texas) called. We hadn't spoken to him for a while and while I was talking to him, he said he heard a beautiful name that he wanted to share with us, because at that point we were still debating between Kendall and Jordyn. Now trust me, he had no idea of our choices and he said.. Kendall- but spelt KENDYL. That was a sign if I ever saw one , actually heard one, but whatever.
I thought about that name every moment of every day until the day you were born and then I knew it was perfect. So that is the story of where your name came from, which made me think about it as I watched you walk across the stage holding Courtney's hand. So here is a picture of Courtney walking you across the stage during the parade. Love you.


1 comment:

b said...

That's awesome! What a sweet memory :) Piglet rocks by the way! Can't wait to see you tonight cutie pie!