Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Last night you started to sound a little stuffy, so we took extra special care of you. I was hoping that it was just me being paranoid, but you woke up this morning even worse. Then it hit me...October 1st - the exact day last year that we took you to the ER because you were having similar symptoms. Happy Anniversary to that horrible time. You were only 3 weeks old at the time and that still remains the scariest week of my life. I wonder what it is about October that you don't like??
Well, today you are still not yourself. You are very congested and I can tell your throat is bothering you because you are hardly talking and when you do it sounds very hoarse. You dont' have a temperature, and at times you play just like normal, but every now and then you get very clingy and tired. Your cry is very sad because the look on your face says, "OWWWW this hurts!"
We finally went to see Dr. Tran today. It was actually your 1 year appt, but it was also good timing because of your newest sickness. She said you looked great and healthy. You now weigh 23 lbs 2 oz and are 30 inches long. She was very impressed at how expressive you were. She said that your "cold" should be ok, but you did get 4 shots. You were not very happy about that. I don't blame you, I can't stand shots either. I know this has been a rough few days for you, but you'll fight it and you'll be back to your old self in no time (uh-oh, I better watch what I wish for). Love you. Here is some video of you getting your shots today. If you listen closely, you can hear her sad throat when she cries/coughs :( My poor little french fry.

1 comment:

jackson'smama said...

Owww...that breaks my heart! I hate to see these little babies getting shots. : (