Sunday, June 8, 2008

9 months old


Today you turn 9 months old and I feel like it was just yesterday that Daddy and I drove you home from the hospital. You have grown up so much in the last nine months and I wish I could go back and relive it all again. You have become such an independent little girl. You have mastered the crawling thing and now move almost as fast as a speeding bullet. You pull yourself up on everything and you love playing with the remote, phone and camera. Your favorite thing to do lately is pull mommy's hair as hard as you can and laugh while doing it. I guess that's pay-back for all those times I held you down to pick your nose. You have become very curious about this walking thing. You pulled yourself up about a week after you started crawling and ever since then you have been cruising around objects trying to figure out how to get from one place to another. In fact yesterday we were in the front yard and you stood up without pulling on anything. You were crawling and then stopped, got on your 2 feet, did a few squats and the stood straight up. :0 I wonder how long it will take you to realize you just now need to put on foot in front of the other.
Your personality is amazing. You are the happiest child I have ever seen, not to mention the cutest. You light up everyone's face that comes in to contact with you. You are very easy-going and love to play. You even like to play by yourself sometimes. I guess even babies need personal space. You have the best laugh of anyone and your eyes are truly gorgeous.
You still love being outdoors and are still a fan of the water. You have become a master at twistng around while trying to change your diaper. You used to just lay there, but now you squirm like crazy. You still turn bright red when having a bowel movement and I must say with age comes stink. :( You have ventured out into real food a few times, and you absolutely can't get enough of mommy's spaghetti. Other than that you like sticking to your Gerber as of now. You are a very intrigued little girl as well. That's my nice way of saying you are very nosey. In fact you now sleep with your eyes just a little bit opened so you don't miss out on anything.
Thanks for giving me and Daddy an amazing 9 months. You have changed us in ways we aren't even aware of yet. We love you very much. Happy Birthday.

No comments: