Friday, March 20, 2009

Cold Turkey

A typical night here consists of you and Daddy watching Shrek while you have your night "ba ba" before falling asleep on the couch. Then Daddy takes you to your room and you are out for the count. Yesterday Dr. Tran said that we need to get you off that bottle and the only way to probably do it now was to go cold turkey. I thought, well, maybe we'll wait until summer when I'm off so that the mornings aren't too rough around here because I know it's going to be rough. HA, I guess I forgot who I was talking about.
Last night I made your bottle as normal, and then left you and Daddy to do your thing. I watched him put you to bed awake (which never happens) and you cried for about a minute and a half. Next thing I knew you were crashed out, snoring. I was very proud of you both. So this morning when I went into the kitchen to get your breakfast, I opened the fridge and your bottle was still there..not touched. I guess Daddy took the Dr. advice seriously. He cold turkey'd you already and you did a great job (for night #1). So keep it up, french fry. Guess I better go get you up now:) Love you. TGIF

1 comment:

jackson'smama said...

Nice job, Kendyl! Jackson just came off his night time bottle too. Growing up! : )