Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another day of firsts

Today you experienced a few more firsts. It started off when you were with Jen Jen in the car. She looked back and noticed that you were picking your "brain." She said your finger was so far up your nose that it actually started bleeding. So you experienced your 1st nose bleed. After we got home you took your normal nap. While you were sleeping (hahaha isn't that a movie title) I got a call from Dr. Tran and she said that your blood work came back normal except that you are mildly anemic :( So she gave me some iron drops to give you daily to help.
After you woke up, you helped me make dinner (another first) and then me and you had some yummy chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans and you loved every bite. Next you tried for the first time and love V8 Strawberry Banana juice, which I am thankful for because it is gross to me and I didn't want to waste it :)
I went to the store to get your medicine and when I came home you experienced my favorite first............... I took you to your room to get ready for your bath and to clean you off cause, well you did what people do, poop. So as I was cleaning you off I asked you if you were ready to take a bath and of course you gave your usual answer, "No". Then I said, "Do you want to try to potty?" "Potty" you replied and you got really excited. So I grabbed you off the table naked and ran into the bathroom. Normally you sit there and pretend and then we get into the tub where you make lemonade, but tonight......................You went pee-pee in the potty. I couldn't believe it!! I called for Daddy and he witnessed it too. About 20 seconds after I sat you down, you stood up and there it was. I was sooooo proud of you. You then proceeded to "wipe" yourself before saying, "bubbles?" because you were apparently ready for your bath :) I'm still in shock that you actually went, but I am very proud of you.. So here's to a great day of firsts and hopefully lasts on the nose bleeds, but many more on the potty :) I think there are a few more firsts but I'm so excited about the pee I can't remember.
Love you french fry.