Friday, July 4, 2008

Your First 4th of July

WOW!!! What a fun day we had. Of course we went to grandma's to celebrate and you looked adorable as usual. We started the day off with you showing off your new walking skills.
It still looks a little strange to me that you are walking, but what can one expect from a genius. I especially enjoyed how you walked with one of the kids' goggles stuck on your toe..pretty tricky, french fry. Well, after about an hour of hanging out you needed a nap and when Brandon got there he took one with you. This was his first 4th of July too and we were so happy he came over. After you woke up it was pool time. We had a lot of fun in the pool. After we got out it was time for dinner and then before we knew it, it was getting dark. The evening was started with a great parade led by grandma. All the kids joined in to march around the pool waving flags and singing songs. Then you got to see your first firework.
You weren't really sure about it, but you couldn't keep your eyes off it. You got a little scared when it/they started making the popping noise, but after a while you started getting used to them. You sat in my lap and let me cover your ears, but you never once cried or even turned away from them. I'm going to say that you enjoyed them. At least I hope you did. I'm not sure what was more enteraining.... the actual fireworks or your cousin Logan dancing to the beat/pop of the fireworks???? I know everyone today had a good time, even Max and Ginger, Cici's dogs. Here is Ginger showing her spirit.:) Thanks for giving me the best 4th of July. I love you soooooo much.

No comments: