Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tipsy

Every night you usually have a bottle around 8:30 or so and crash between 9 and 9:30 where you usually sleep pretty well maybe waking up once for 5-10 minutes before falling back asleep until either we wake you up or you wake up on your own around 7. Well, yesterday grandma, grandpa, Aunt Cici, Uncle Doug and Uncle Mark came over for dinner and you were very happy to see everyone. You played around and showed them your room and all your toys. Aunt Cici even brought you a whole bunch of new books that we can read together. So we had a little champagne toast to celebrate the new house and while under direct "peer pressure" I may have slipped your pacifier in my champagne glass just to give you a taste. You seemed to enjoy it because you spit your pacifier out and acted like you wanted more. It was quite comical. Anyway, after everyone left you had your bottle around 8 and then you knocked out!! You have never gone to bed that early before. You crashed hard and quick. About an hour later I heard you making some noises, so I watched you from the monitor. You were sitting up just babbling away with your back against the front of the crib. Daddy and I watched as your head kept falling forward, which was waking you back up. It was so cute. Finally you just tipped over and fell back asleep for good.
I had to capture the moment. I hope I didn't make you tipsy with the champagne, Kendyl. But I am happy that you had a good night's sleep. Love you.

No comments: