Tuesday, July 8, 2008

1st Play Date

Today you had your first official play date. We met some of mommy's friends at the park and pool so you could play with their kids as well. Aunt Cyndi and Brandon also came so it was a great time. This was not only your first play date, but also your first time at the park with mommy. You had so much fun in the pool, although I didn't get any pictures because I was in there with you. Maybe mommy's friend Kim will send some to us so we can put them up. Well, you were playing in the water for a while until you decided to slip and go completely under, which scared the bageezies out of me. I grabbed you by the arm and pulled you up right away but it was still scary. So that was enough of the pool. After that we all sat out on the grass and had lunch, then me, you, Aunt Cyndi and Brandon went over to the baby swing. This was another first for you. You really didn't seem to enjoy the swing that much, but maybe next time you will. So it was back to the grass area where you helped Aunt Cyndi push Brandon in his stroller. Then you started playing with Nolan, who is mommy's friend Carla's son. You had fun playing with him and his glasses.

After a while, I decided I should change you out of your wet bathing suit, so we changed and then you did some more exploring and conquered some new "firsts." My favorite is the grass/leaves in the mouth.
You quickly realized that they didn't taste very good. So we had a really fun time with the kids. Here is a picture of some of the kids, Nolan, Kelsey, Kayla, and Abby wrapping themselves up like burritos. And here is precious Brandon, sleeping through all the fun.
Hope you had a lot of fun birthday girl, I love you.

No comments: