Friday, July 3, 2009

My little cupcake

Tonight you and I made cupcakes. You were so cute too. First you helped put all the liners in the pan, then you helped put the ingredients in. At first you were a little nervous about the mixer, but once you saw that it was fun, you helped and loved it. When we were done mixing the batter, I gave you one of the spoons to lick and you must have liked the it because after you licked it, you stuck it right back in the batter. EEWWWW That was just the first of a few gross, but cute things you did.

I then gave you a spoon so you could pour some batter into the pan, and again you would put some in the liner , eat whatever was left and then stick it back in the batter. Before we knew it we were almost finished pouring and just about ready to put them in the oven when all of sudden you sneezed right over the batter. Thankfully, you not only covered your mouth (thanks Jen) but my arm was right in front so whatever you didn't catch, I did. So off to the oven they went... and you wanted to stand there and watch them the whole time. When the FINALLY came out, you weren't very happy with the fact that they had to cool off first, but you were pretty patient. You sat in front of them waiting, but every few seconds your fingers got a little closer and it wasn't long before your fingers were "testing" each one to see how hot they were.

You even smelled them a few times, although I think you may have snuck a lick in here or there.

Once they were cooled off, it was time for the chocolate frosting.... By this time you were so ready to eat one you didn't really care if I did them or not. So you started to do one, and then asked for help.

In the end we made 24 finger licking good cupcakes. We took some over to Uncle Mark, but unfortunately forgot to tell him about the extra flavors that you may have added :0 You shared with everyone and licked the frosting off of yours and then threw it on the floor :(

I had a great time making our first batch of cupcakes. I'm sure there will be plenty more batches in the upcoming years and I am looking forward to those days. I love you cupcake. Sleep tight.

No comments: