Monday, February 16, 2009

Missed you

Daddy and I had a great time on our trip to Las Vegas, but we couldn't stand being away from you too long. We left Saturday morning around 6:30. Of course you woke up right when we were getting ready to leave; I think it was your way of saying, "Don't Go." Leaving was the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time. Thankfully, I knew you were in good hands so I was able to not have too big of a meltdown. Daddy and I got to Vegas and did the normal tourist things but we couldn't stop thinking about you. When we woke up Sunday we talked about whether we could go another whole day and night without seeing you and we both decided that was impossible. So we ended up leaving Vegas around 6pm Sunday night. Of course we hit some traffic, but we ended up getting home around 10 and luckily you were still awake. I ran in the house to grab you and hug you. We were soooo happy to see you and after a few minutes you were happy to see us too. After we got home, all your babysitters, (grandma, grandpa, AUnt Heidi, Uncle Applesauce, Mallorey and Logan) finally got to go home and rest. I know they needed it after chasing after you all weekend. I guess it really does take a village. Well, I am so happy that we decided to come home last night because the weather this morning was really bad and they even closed part of the freeway that we take to get home, so who knows what time we really would have got home today. Thank you to EVERYONE who came over to help play with, entertain, change, bathe, feed, laugh at, chase after, and just be around the most precious little lady in my life. We REALLY appreciate all the time and energy it took and we are very lucky to have such caring and giving family. We love you all, but don't expect us to leave again any time soon:)

No comments: