Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

For the past 5 months or so, Daddy has been spoiling you rotten. Every night when you get up around 1 or 2 he goes in, picks you up and holds you while you both sleep until I come get you guys up around 6. So since I am off for 2 weeks, we've decided that it's time to break that. So Sunday night you went to be as normal, and then 1:30 you were up. After about 25 min of screaming, I went in and laid you back down. You actually fell back asleep for about 10 minutes. Then Daddy tried and he rocked you to sleep and laid you back down, but that didn't work so he picked you up and off to the couch you went. What a softie:)
Yesterday after Daddy left, you slept until 9:30. Then we played all day until you took a nap from 1:30-3. I think you would have slept longer but the gardner hit a rock and shattered the sliding glass door. It was really loud. So up and playing you were. Evonne and Abbey came over for a little while and before I knew it you were asleep again. You took another nap for about an hour. After daddy came home you played with him while I went out and did some last minute shopping. When I came back around 9:30, you were up and raring to go. We watched Shrek the Halls (for the 30th time), I took you in your room to change your diaper and then I just laid you in your crib. You have never fallen asleep like this, so I knew I was in for it. The minute I shut the door you started crying. About 15 minutes later, you realized we weren't coming in to save you and it was real quiet. I looked on the monitor and found you reading a book that we left in there earlier :) You were just flipping the pages like no ones business. I kept watching you and about 10 minutes later you rubbed your eyes, toppled over and crashed. A small victory I thought to myself.
Then 4:30 am came and you were up screaming. Me and Daddy did everything in our power to not come get you and we didn't. Wouldn't you know it, you fell back asleep where you still remain at 8:45 am. I am so proud of you, but am wondering why you are sooooo sleepy. Maybe you are just storing it up for the craziness that is about to happen over the next week or so. Love you, french fry. Merry Christmas Eve

No comments: