Friday, August 8, 2008

11 months old



Today you turned 11 months old and I really can't believe it. All I can do is wonder where the time has gone. I love watching you grow so much so quickly. Actually, it is a little too quickly.

You have mastered this walking thing and will walk 94% of the time. The other 6% is a mixture of sleeping and eating. So if you aren't doing one of those you can best believe you are strolling around looking for something to get in to. You love to be chased by us and you even walk faster so we won't get you. Although sometimes you turn around and come towards us. I think you like being caught more than chased at this point. The best part is when you are playing with something you shouldn't be, and the minute one of us comes to get it from you, you take off. It's amazing how you actually understand what we are coming for. You can be a bit stubborn at times. You don't like things being taken away from you.

You still have the best smile in town. And you are not afraid to show it. Your smile lights up a room in an instant and you make everyone who sees you, smile too. I have a poster in my classroom that says, "Smiles are contagious." You have definitely proven that. You no longer make the Scream face, but you do often scrunch up your nose when you laugh or smile in a way that only you can do. It is too cute.

You are still an awesome kid. You usually sleep pretty well through the night. You sometimes get up once but you usually fall back rather quickly. You like to trick Daddy when he is putting you to sleep. You close your eyes and the minute he lays you down, you flip over, get on your knees, push you muscial toy on your crib and laugh at him. It is really funny. Your personality is priceless and there is nothing you won't try.

You currently have 6 teeth and are working on a few more on the sides. You still want and try to put anything you can get your hands on in your mouth. You also make the cutest face when you chew your food. It almost looks like you are a little old lady with no teeth. You love to give kisses and yes they are still very slobbery!! but everyone loves getting them from you. You are eating a lot of big girl food now. Your favorites seem to be bananas, grapes, crackers, cheese, and spaghetti.

You are really starting to "talk." You now say "Dada" "Mama" "Wa Wa" "Dog" (minus the g sometimes), "Hi" or "Hiiiiiiii" "Di" (during every diaper change), and my favorite, "Wuf" when you hear a dog. You also know and love birds and everytime I ask you, "Where are the birdies?", you point up to the sky and look for them.

You still love the water, love to dance and like to watch mommy dance. (I know, not a great visual for all, but she likes it). Your laugh is awesome and you have started this screeching sound lately as well. You have found many, many ways to make different sounds with your mouth and you love to imitate people.

You are very brave and extremely strong. You are not afraid to crawl or plunge down stairs and will often go head first, but you get up and try it again, usually without the slightest whimper. You also love to push things around. If it can move, you will push. You love exploring new things, including drawers, cabinets, closets, toilets, etc... You also love to step up onto the fireplace, pull of the blinds on the sliding glass door, and you even test us by putting your fingers near the fan. You are always on the go, but you like you own time as well. You will sit and play on your mat for at least 20 minutes at a time, then you get up walk around in circles, then go back and play some more. Your newest thing is to play with the phone. You put it up to your ear, and say Hiii. It's really cute how you understand that's what it's for.

Your curiosity is so interesting to me. I love watching you learn and explore. I love watching you discover something and get joy from it. I love watching you smile. I love watching you cry, because it helps me remember that you are a child and that I was put here to help you be safe, comfortable, and happy. And I promise I will do my best to make sure you are all those things and more.

You have taught me sooooo many things about life, love and especially about myself. I never realized what an enormous impact you would have on my life, and I will never be the same because of it. You are an amazing child and I thank God (and GG, because I know she put a good word in for me) for giving me such a healthy, beautiful and happy baby. I can't believe you are going to be 1 very soon. Thank you for teaching me so much and for letting me enjoy you so much each day. I can't imagine life without you.
I love you Kendyl.

Happy 11 months, french fry.

No comments: