Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1st day of preschool

So yesterday you had your first day of preschool. It is not at a real school, but one of our local parks. You get to go 3 days a week for 2 hrs a day. You were sooo excited that you actually woke up at 7am and ran in to wake me saying, "Mom, today I go to school." We got all ready, had breakfast and we were on our way. You even packed your backpack the night before (you filled it with blocks, I refilled it with extra clothes and snacks).
Here you are as we are just about to get in the car.


The park is literally a 10 minute drive, max. We had to do a quick stop at the bank and then we were there. This is how you arrived for your first day...

(apparently the excitement was short lived)

Once I opened your door and woke you by telling you we were at school, you were ready to go. You woke up very quickly and practically jumped out of the car.

(notice the drool on her shirt) :0

We got to your room ans you met your teacher, Mrs. C. She is very nice and you liked her right away. She told you to get a puzzle or book and pick a seat. So you did and you were fine from that point on. I was a little nervous to just leave but you reassured me that you would be fine and I could go. So I did.
Here you are with your first puzzle.


I came back about 1/2 hour early to peek in on you and you were doing fine. In fact you were making your first project and your new friend, Brielle, was helping you. After a few minutes your teacher told you guys to get a book and sit quietly if you were finished. So you did. She then said to not get up even if you were finished. That was fine until the boy next to you tried to get up. You quickly tried to remind him of the rules by putting your book out as to block his way to the books. He was able to get around you and went anyways. You didn't like that so you decided to gently whack him on his back with your book. I couldn't believe what I was watching!!
I walked away and waited outside with the other parents until you were dismissed. When we got back to the car, I asked you why you hit the boy with your bear book. And you replied, "No, I didn't. It was a monkey book." Aye ya ya Well at least you were honest about it. Mrs.C said you did a great job and that she was happy to have you in her class.
I was so excited to have some fridge art.




I'm glad you had such a great first day. I love you very much, but I'm not so sure I'm very fond of this growing up thing you are trying to do :) Love you, french fry.

No comments: